The Growth Newsletter — #006
This newsletter curates marketing insights from Demand Curve’s community of thousands of founders and growth marketers. It keeps you up-to-date on growth tactics.
Scraping Instagram for leads
Artem Baryliuk of Petcube points out you can use InstaPrimed to scrape Instagram’s user base for ecommerce customers: First, find influencers whose audiences match your own. Next, enter their Instagram handle into InstaPrimed to grab their followers. Then run that list through InstaPrimed’s Data Grabber to enrich it with email and contact information.
Tactics for turning blog visitors into leads
Based on insights from Nat Eliason.
SEO traffic can sometimes be a vanity metric if you’re not converting it into lead flow. Here are some ways to convert blog visitors into leads:
- Prompt blog readers with quizzes to help them identify the best product/plan for them. Then require their email address to see results. Follow up with drip emails.
- Create “Buyer’s Guides” — downloadable PDF’s with nice visuals to help readers figure out how to accomplish their goals (e.g. “paleo cooking starter kit.”) Again, require an email for them to download the complete guide.
- Pixel your blog visitors and retarget them with Facebook ads. Have the ads send visitors to landing pages that match whichever blog content category initially drew them to the site.
What are the latest advanced SEO strategies?
How to (re-)target business customers with Facebook ads
Based on insights from Nima Gardideh of Pearmill and Julian Shapiro of Demand Curve.
Most people use their personal email address on their Facebook/Instagram account. So if you're collecting business emails during your user onboarding process, Facebook can have a hard time matching those emails to the corresponding Facebook profiles when creating custom targeting lists.
Here are a few tricks around this:
- Enrichment: You can use People Data Labs to see if a personal email can be matched to the person’s business email. If you have a bigger budget, LiveRamp is another option.
- LinkedIn ads workaround: Unlike Facebook, LinkedIn users often have business emails attached to their account. So, you can directly target LinkedIn Ads to your business emails.
- Retargeting: If you can’t match emails, you can always retarget users. Pixel them in your app. We’ve found Facebook/Instagram retargeting paired with Criteo’s banner ad retargeting (not prospecting) to be a decent combo for maximizing retargeting exposure across the web.
- For all the above, you can experiment with the Lead Form Ad unit (available on LinkedIn and Facebook) as they sometimes provide a small reduction in CAC by reducing friction.
- Want to teach someone on your team growth marketing? See our homepage: demandcurve.com.
- Thanks to the members of our community who’ve been helping answer people’s questions on webinars, in Slack, or at our meetups: Warren Wu, Matt Sornson, Jeremy Gurewitz, Nick Soman, Michael Kuznetsov, Varun Mathure, Zac Harris, Nick Selman, and many others.
- You can invite others to this newsletter. Send them here: demandcurve.com/newsletter. And if you like this newsletter and want to help spread the word, please tweet it out and tag us! @julian and @nealogrady
Co-founder, FYI + KISSmetrics
VP of Growth, Imperfect Produce