News you can use:
- Meta published their Widely Viewed Content report for Q2. TL;DR: Content with links gets the least views, while content from Pages, Groups, and friends gets the most (88% of views). The most engaging posts are short videos with catchy thumbnails and visible captions. Organic reach is still terrible (no surprise), but these insights should benefit your ad strategy.
- Instagram's upcoming feature—Candid Challenges—appears to be an imitation of BeReal (currently the No. 1 free app in the App Store). Like BeReal, every day at a different time, you're prompted to take and share a candid photo in two minutes. Remains to be seen how businesses will take advantage.
- Two useful charts to inform your marketing: 1) How different types of content perform on Instagram 2) How users shop on TikTok
Tool we recommend*: Clearbit's Weekly Visitor Report. Ever wonder what companies are checking out your site? Clearbit will send you a report of the high-intent companies that visit your site so you can prospect them immediately. DC readers get free, enriched reports and unlimited CSV downloads—claim yours here.
Growth Summit: our annual summit is coming up quick. Join us for 3 days of focused, tactical sessions. Walk away a better growth practitioner. Sneak peek into some of the sessions:
- Jack Butcher will run a live interactive design workshop.
- Nik Sharma will walk through how he scales DTC brands.
- Hiten Shah will teach you how to create and grow sticky SaaS products.
Plus, many, many more sessions. Get in for free by inviting three of your colleagues. Simply add your colleagues' emails when you register and we'll handle the rest. Claim your free ticket here.