How to Find Emails from LinkedIn
(This advanced blog summarizes real growth insights Demand Curve has acquired from running marketing for hundreds of companies.)
Extract an email address from a LinkedIn profile
Method 1 (free):
Install the Google Chrome extension ContactOut from the Chrome Web Store. You can use it to extract email addresses from LinkedIn profiles.
Go to the LinkedIn user profile. ContactOut shows you their contact information like email address and phone number automatically.
It comes with 50 free credits and works most of the time.
Method 2 (paid):
The Gem.com Chrome extension is another effective tool for extracting emails from LinkedIn profiles. It’s exceptionally accurate because it pulls from multiple email databases. Here’s how to use it:
- Sign up for Gem.com and install the Chrome extension.
- Go to the LinkedIn user profile.
- Click the down arrow next to the “Send InMail” button and select “Save to PDF.”
- The extension will automatically display email and social media information.
Although Gem’s tool isn’t free, you can test it out with a free trial.
Find an email address manually
Sometimes, an email extractor like ContactOut won't be able to determine a LinkedIn account's email address. Here’s one way you can deduce their business email through trial-and-error.
First, find the domain name of the company that person works for. Typically, most companies use the same email pattern for all of their employees.
Here are some examples of common email schemas:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, like email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org, like email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org, like email@example.com
Chances are, your target email address follows one of these email patterns. We recommend a couple of ways to check:
Email finder tool
Hunter.io lets you enter a company domain name and it returns the most common email pattern associated with that company, as well as the email addresses it can find.
Make a free account for 50 complimentary searches per month.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator Lite
Type your guesses for your target's email address into Gmail. LinkedIn Sales Navigator Lite uses LinkedIn's internal data to determine which guess has a LinkedIn profile associated with it.
Export email addresses in bulk from LinkedIn
If you're trying to extract emails from LinkedIn profiles for prospecting and lead generation, it can take a while to do them one at a time. Here's how to do it in bulk:
Use LinkedIn Search to find a list of people based on their job title, industry, company size, seniority, and much more.
Use a Chrome extension like Skrapp to determine which of those people it can automatically determine an email address for.
You can export that list of emails as a CSV to manipulate in Excel or import to your CRM.
What to do if the email address doesn’t work
Not every email you find will actually work. If you run into this, you can try doing one of the following:
- Different Chrome extensions and email finder tools use their own unique email databases. If one method gave you a non-functional email address, try another one.
- Try to find the person on other social media platforms. Or see if they have a personal website. They may have their email address listed there.
- If you still can’t find their email address, you could send them a LinkedIn connection request. If they accept, you should be able to see their email address on their profile.
Learn advanced email scraping techniques with Demand Curve's Growth Training.