Growth Newsletter #113
Greetings everyone. Spring is springing. AI is exploding. The economy is shrinking. The 20's really have been a strange decade thus far. And I'm excited to see where it goes from here.
One thing I'm sure of, is that the rate of technology will continue to exponentially increase. As will the amount of work that can be done per person. More people will start more companies and work for themselves. And we'll be here to help make the growth part a bit easier :).
Without further ado, this week we cover cart abandonment, unconventional subscribers, and 80/20 influencer marketing.
News and Links
News you can use:
- Demand Curve has a fun campaign running this weekend with a chance to win a fun mystery prize. We'll announce it on LinkedIn/Twitter this weekend :).
- Last week, TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew told U.S. Congress that American user data would be deleted from company servers by the end of 2023. A potential ban isn’t stopping advertisers, though—75% of marketers plan to spend more on the platform in the next year.
- Say goodbye to Twitter’s legacy blue checkmarks next month. Starting April 1, any account verified before Elon’s reign will also need to sign up for Twitter Blue or Verified Organizations (the company counterpart) to get the check.
- You can now forward LinkedIn posts to multiple people (either separately or as a group chat), just as you might with a TikTok or Reel. Why this matters: If this metric gets added to LinkedIn's Post Analytics, it'd make another useful datapoint for understanding which of your posts are most engaging.
- Is SEO dead? No, but it’s a very different world with AI writing tools. A satirical product review created in part by ChatGPT outranked objectively more helpful content in search results. We’re sharing this news as a reminder that yesterday’s SEO strategy may not succeed today. Prepare to change course as needed.
SEO Service we recommend: dofollow.io*
Most link-building agencies use outdated methods and build low-quality links on link farms.
They hurt more than they help.
dofollow.io specializes in building links on the largest websites for B2B/SaaS companies. Turn your website into a traffic & lead gen machine with links from major sites like HubSpot, BigCommerce, Business Insider & more.
If you're investing in SEO, get in touch with dofollow.io. They're pay-for-performance, and they focus only on quality links.
*Sponsored by dofollow.io