Growth Newsletter #116
Happy Tax Day to those of you filing in the U.S.!
By that, I mean congrats to everyone who filed well in advance—and best of luck to those of you scrambling to file last-minute.
This week we cover why your company needs an enemy, killing unoriginal ideas with ChatGPT, and 10 conversion copywriting tips.
This newsletter is brought to you by Quimby Digital. Become a social media wallflower— get insider access to the hottest rising content for Instagram and TikTok for just $9.99/month.
And by Upfluence. Find influencers, send products, upload briefs, generate promo codes, track sales, and make payouts—all in one place. Turn creators into revenue today.
As always, if you don’t find this valuable, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of this email.
News and Links
News you can use:
- Twitter announced a re-launch of its Creator Subscription program that lets users monetize their tweets. Plus, Twitter Blue members can now write tweets up to 10k characters long.
- Also, lots of Twitter drama in the last week, beginning with NPR and PBS quitting the platform. Could this mean more movement away from Twitter overall? Maybe—or Twitter may just become less relevant.
- Google’s April 2023 Reviews Update rolled out last week. Relevant if you create any review content—not just about products but also services (e.g., restaurant reviews).
- Lemon8, the ByteDance-owned platform that’s part Instagram, part Pinterest, is gaining traction among Gen Z. Great for ByteDance considering Montana just became the first U.S. state to approve a bill banning TikTok.
- Meta’s making Instagram Reels easier to create and edit with a new unified editing screen and dashboard feature that shows trending audio. It’s also adding two metrics to Reels insights: total watch time and average watch time.
I just want to take the opportunity here to say we love you all for supporting us 😍
And thanks again to sponsors, Quimby Digital and Upfluence.