Growth Newsletter #118
A big thanks to our sponsors who keep this newsletter free for all of you. Check them out—it's the best way to support this newsletter :)
Brought to you by Ortto, a consolidated customer data, automation and analytics platform for high-growth marketing teams—your customer data, messaging and analytics working together.. Sign up for a free trial.
And by Stephanie Lee's TL;DR Newsletter. A veteran media strategist, Stephanie has notably led publicity efforts for Ramit Sethi—New York Times best-selling author and host of the new Netflix show How to Get Rich. Each week she shares insider secrets for getting featured in prestigious media outlets, guesting on top podcasts, and amplifying your brand. Sign up for her TL;DR Newsletter here.
This ended up as an accidental social-media-themed edition.
We're talking about looping shorts, turning articles into Stories, and repurposing influencer viral hits.
Let's dive in!
News and Links
News you can use:
- Some random new products worth noting: 1) Bluesky: Like Twitter, but decentralized and without…all the things that have happened to Twitter in the last year (in beta). 2) Barcelona: Also like Twitter, also decentralized, but from Meta (in development). 3) Hugging Face: Like ChatGPT, but open source. 4) Canvas: Like Google Docs, but in Slack.
- TikTok Shop is in beta in the US too. This is an ecom tool that lets brands sell directly on TikTok through the product showcase tab, in-feed videos, and LIVEs.
- Over at YouTube, podcasts are newly available through YouTube Music, and you can now hop on music trends through AI-powered music ads.
- In a first for Pinterest, they’ve just launched a multiyear third-party ad partnership—with Amazon. Amazon ads on Pinterest will take users directly to Amazon to purchase.
- ChatGPT announced a forthcoming ChatGPT Business subscription and the new ability to turn off chat history. Meanwhile, the EU is drafting legislation that would require ChatGPT and other AI tools to reveal the copyrighted materials they’re built with.
Newsletter we recommend: TL;DR Newsletter*.
Each week Stephanie shares insider secrets for getting featured in prestigious media outlets, guesting on top podcasts, and amplifying your brand.
Sign up for her TL;DR Newsletter here.
*Sponsored by Cloutmonster