Growth Newsletter #059
This newsletter curates growth insights from the Demand Curve Slack community. It keeps you up-to-date on growth tactics.
This week we're covering the browse-cart gap, visual SEO, TikTok Ads, and Twitter timing.
News and Links
We’ve published five new articles on the Demand Curve blog. All to help you build an email marketing engine—completely for free.
- Email marketing examples and strategy. Learn the fundamentals of email marketing strategy. Then study high-impact emails using our simple 4-part framework. Take note of your favorite emails so you can use the same elements in your own campaigns.
- How to write marketing emails. Follow these steps to write great marketing emails—the kind that connects with subscribers and drives conversions.
- Create segmented campaigns. Implement simple email segmentation into your campaigns to deliver personalized messages that convert.
- Grow your email list. Follow a proven 3-step process to grow your email list the right way.
- Email marketing best practices. Learn the email marketing best practices that are working in 2022.
Book recommendation: A few weeks ago, we recommended Eli Schwartz’s book, Product-Led SEO. Since then, we've been using some of Eli’s tactics in our own content strategy.
Product-Led SEO builds a great product for users first and optimizes for search second. Instead of starting with keyword research like most SEOs, Eli recommends the following process:
- Determine if a target audience uses search as a part of their buyer's journey
- Learn from the userbase what they might be looking for on organic search as it relates to your product offering
- Determine what you might build for your users to acquire the traffic from search—this is your SEO product
- Layer in SEO best practices in the development of this product
If you’re working on SEO, we recommend you check it out here (he just launched audio).
Top growth role: Meow is building Web3 Brex, enabling corporates to access meaningful yields from the financial rails of the future. Founded by a team of security engineers from Gemini, Meow is a fully-compliant bridge between traditional finance and decentralized finance. They’re looking for their first growth hire to own growth and marketing.
Meow is backed by the best—Lux Capital, Coinbase, Gemini, Jump Capital, and Slow Ventures. They already have plenty of organic, inbound interest. January was a record month and February is on track to be another. Check out the rest of the JD here and email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Newsletter we’re reading: Sparktoro’s Audience Research Newsletter. Twice a month, Rand Fishkin and Amanda Natividad share insights on audience research and marketing. Specifically, they share 3 audience research/marketing tips, 3 articles, and 3 tweets. We open it every time they send. Get the next one here.
Brad Frost on Twitter.