Growth Newsletter #063
Welcome to the 300+ new marketers and founders who joined last week!
This week we're discussing seeding UGC from influencers, improving pricing strategies, and cold email frameworks.
News and Links
Experimental Marketer of the Year: We love to see marketers break the traditional B2B mould and try something big and unexpected. Go behind-the-scenes of the biggest marketing bets of the year at the Experimental Marketer of the Year Awards. Attend for free and get inspiration for your next big marketing swing.
Newsletter to check out: Mike Arsenault, CEO of Rejoiner, has been our go-to ecommerce email marketing expert for years (he even helped us create the email marketing section of our Growth Program).
He writes Rejoiner's weekly newsletter where he shares the strategies they use with their own ecommerce email marketing clients. Strategies they've developed from their experience sending over 397M ecommerce emails. Get the next one here.
Each week, we'll link to the news that will make you a better marketer. Since your growth tactics could be affected by these news items, here’s where the topical and the tactical overlap.
- TikTok: TikTok is pacing to overtake the ad revenue of Twitter and Snapchat combined this year, and match YouTube within two years. As of Q1, TikTok remains the top-grossing and most-downloaded non-game app. They just launched an educational Creative Agency Partnerships (CAP) program to help agencies market and advertise more effectively on the platform. Looking forward, live stream shopping could be the next major feature.
- Social: Snapchat: Snapchat's 2022 "Generation Report" confirms people mainly use the app to keep up with close friends and share intimate moments—design your marketing accordingly. Twitter: You'll be able to edit tweets soon. They're also testing a new 'unmention' option. Instagram: IG removed In-Stream video ads, urging advertisers to focus on Reels instead. This decision comes shortly after sunsetting IGTV last year.
- Ads: UGC outperforms conventional ads by up to 50%, and more insights.
- Search: 50% of shoppers can't find what they're looking for with words alone. Google's new multisearch feature lets shoppers search by combing images and text.
- Metaverse: How marketers are approaching the metaverse, crypto, and NFTs [infographic]
- Marketing outlook: Good news for marketers' job security—companies are investing more into marketing, with global spend expected to hit $4.7 trillion by 2025. Social media and digital marketing specialists are the most in-demand marketing roles.