News you can use:
Lately it’s been a Meta vs. Google announcement showdown.
- Meta is making major changes to the Facebook app. Among them: a new Home screen featuring public content (largely video) suggested by the algorithm. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, TikTok must be blushing.
- Instagram also saw some notable changes. Any public video under 15 minutes will now automatically become a Reel. And Reels under 60 seconds can now be boosted into ads. IG is also launching a dynamic, searchable map to help users find popular locations near them.
- On the Google front, ad creation is getting easier with the launch of an asset library and video ad creation tools like templates and text-to-speech voiceover.
- Plus, YouTube is partnering with Shopify. Creators who link their Shopify storefront to YouTube can display products across their YouTube channel, and US-based creators can enable onsite checkout—so viewers have the option to buy without leaving YouTube. Bonus: automatic inventory syncing.
- But don’t rule out the underdogs. BeReal, the photo-sharing app considered the anti-Instagram because of its emphasis on authenticity, is now the top free app in the US App Store. Yes, above TikTok.
What we're reading:
The Commerce Tech Newsletter. Their teardowns profile the fastest-growing startups across the globe, starting with retail and ecommerce. Investors, founders, and executives of high-growth companies read the Commerce Tech Newsletter to identify new trends and opportunities. Highly recommend checking it out here.
In case you missed it:
We released a new playbook, Content-led SEO in partnership with Clearscope. It's an 80/20 of how to execute an SEO strategy for B2B SaaS in 2022. Check it out here.